First published in 1936, the Sabiston Textbook has served generations of surgeons as the defining text in the field.
Sabiston Textbook of Surgery 17e
1 in stock
1 in stock
First published in 1936, the Sabiston Textbook has served generations of surgeons as the defining text in the field. The 17th Edition carries on this distinguished legacy, presenting the world’s most thorough, useful, readable, and understandable coverage of the principles and techniques of surgery. Sweeping changes include comprehensive updates to reflect the latest knowledge and techniques and a new, full-color page layout for enhanced ease of reference.
- Features 50% new contributors and many new chapters, providing fresh insights into every area of surgery.
- Covers hot new topics such as robotics · endovascular procedures · surgery in pregnant, elderly, and immunocompromised patients · surgery for obesity · minimally invasive surgery · ultrasound for surgeons · the surgeon’s role in disaster management · emerging technologies · breast reconstruction · and many more.
- Uses a new full-color layout and many new full-color illustrations to make the material easier to access and absorb.
- Includes a new CD that contains all of the book’s illustrations, easily importable into Powerpoint presentations.
- Offers a dedicated web site (sold separately, or as an e-dition package with the book) that delivers the entire contents of the text online―completely searchable―with references hyperlinked to PubMed. The web site will also feature regular updates to reflect new advances in the field, 100 self-assessment questions (with answers) from Sabiston Textbook of Surgery 17th Edition Board Review to facilitate exam study, and Mosby’s Drug Consult—a comprehensive drug reference and database.
- Series: Sabiston Textbook of Surgery: The Biological Basis of Modern Practicsurgical Practice
- Hardcover: 2000 pages
- Publisher: Saunders; 17 edition (June 11, 2004)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0721604099
- ISBN-13: 978-0721604091
- Product Dimensions: 8.5 x 2.5 x 11 inches
- Shipping Weight: 10.3 pounds